COVID-19 Testing for Student-Athletes
If your student-athlete needs a COVID-19 test prior to participating in athletic events, we are offering rapid Antigen, rapid PCR and lab-sent PCR testing at our clinics specifically for high school student-athletes. The rapid Antigen, rapid PCR and lab-sent PCR tests are not submitted to insurance since insurance is not picking up the cost for non-symptomatic/non-essential testing. Please complete the online paperwork prior to coming to a clinic to be tested. For questions please call 949-617-3995 or email email@example.com.
The following pricing for high-school students and payment is due at the time of service is as follows:
1. On-site Rapid PCR: $189
2. On-site Rapid Antigen: $79
3. Lab-sent PCR through WestPacific Labs: $149
What to Expect for at Your COVID-19 Visit
Once you fill out the online paperwork you can proceed to go to a Marque Urgent Care clinic to be tested. PLEASE NOTE we are testing at all Orange County clinics except Rancho Santa Margarita and no appointment is necessary.
When you arrive at a clinic, please call the front desk (extension numbers are below) or go to the lobby doors and let them know you are here for a student-athlete COVID-19 test. The test will be conducted in your car, so please remain in your car and a Marque team member will come to you.
Rapid results come back same-day (typically within a few hours) and samples are collected at a Marque clinic. Rapid results come back same-day (typically within a few hours) and samples are collected at a Marque clinic. Lab-sent tests are back within a few days and we will call and send you results when they are sent back to us.
We will send test results to the email address you provide below. Results are a .Zip file and will be password-protected. The password is the student’s date of birth in this format: MMDDYY. Some patients find it difficult to download .Zip files on smartphones, so try switching to a tablet or computer. If you have any questions, please call 1-877-MY-DOC-NOW (693-6266) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ORANGE COUNTY CLINIC COVID-19 TESTING HOURS and EXTENSIONS
Main Number: 1-877-MY-DOC-NOW (693-6266)
Aliso Viejo: Ext. 1301/1302, Testing Hours: Monday-Sunday, 8:30 AM – 3 PM
Buena Park: Ext. 1901/1902, Testing Hours: Monday-Sunday, 9 AM – 4 PM
Mission Viejo: Ext. 1801/1802, Testing Hours: Monday-Tuesday, 2 PM – 8 PM and Wed-Sun, 12:30 PM – 6 PM
Newport Beach: Ext. 1101/1114, Testing Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 AM – 6 PM and Sat-Sunday, 9 AM – 4 PM
Rancho Santa Margarita: Not testing at this time
What to Expect at Your Sports Physical Visit
The sports physical exam is known as a pre-participation physical examination (PPE). The exam helps determine whether it’s safe for a student to participate in a certain sport.
There are two main parts to a sports physical: the medical history and the physical exam.
This part of the exam includes questions about:
- Serious illnesses among family members
- Illnesses that you had when you were younger or may have now, such as asthma, diabetes, or epilepsy
- Previous hospitalizations or surgeries
- Allergies (to insect bites, for example)
- Past injuries (including concussions, sprains, or bone fractures)
- Whether you’ve ever passed out, felt dizzy, had chest pain, or had trouble breathing during exercise
- Any medications that you are on (including over-the-counter medications, herbal supplements, and prescription medications)
During the physical part of the exam, the doctor will usually:
- Record your height and weight
- Take a blood pressure and pulse (heart rate and rhythm)
- Test your vision
- Check your heart, lungs, abdomen, ears, nose, and throat
- Evaluate your posture, joints, strength, and flexibility
Keeping You Safe During Your Visit
We at Marque Urgent Care, understand your concerns and apprehensions regarding COVID-19. Our focus is, and has always been the safety and wellbeing of our patients, staff and communities. We’re taking every precaution and protocol in keeping our staff and patients safe when they come to our clinics.
- All Marque staff is trained on the latest COVID-19 safety protocols and patients should feel confident that all precautions are followed.
- All Marque team members remain diligent about frequent hand washing and utilizing hand sanitizer before and after every visit.
- In addition to complying with the CDC, WHO and OHA guidelines for proper healthcare, provider hygiene and surface disinfection, we undergo a sequence of relentless cleaning and sanitation measures.
- Every surface, instrument, and equipment is wiped down, disinfected and cleaned before and after each patient and staff member enters and exits an exam room.
- A mask is REQUIRED to enter any Marque clinic.
- All patients and family members undergo an initial assessment at our front lobby doors before entry. This includes a temperature check and evaluation for any common symptoms related to COVID-19. Patients who have a fever or any symptoms related to COVID-19 are not allowed into the clinic. They’re directed to make a Virtual Video Visit with one of our providers for assessment and evaluation.
Our goal is to make this process as safe and as convenient as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding.