What to Expect at Your Visit
The sports physical exam is known as a pre-participation physical examination (PPE). The exam helps determine whether it’s safe for a student to participate in a certain sport.
There are two main parts to a sports physical: the medical history and the physical exam.
This part of the exam includes questions about:
- Serious illnesses among family members
- Illnesses that you had when you were younger or may have now, such as asthma, diabetes, or epilepsy
- Previous hospitalizations or surgeries
- Allergies (to insect bites, for example)
- Past injuries (including concussions, sprains, or bone fractures)
- Whether you’ve ever passed out, felt dizzy, had chest pain, or had trouble breathing during exercise
- Any medications that you are on (including over-the-counter medications, herbal supplements, and prescription medications)
During the physical part of the exam, the doctor will usually:
- Record your height and weight
- Take a blood pressure and pulse (heart rate and rhythm)
- Test your vision
- Check your heart, lungs, abdomen, ears, nose, and throat
- Evaluate your posture, joints, strength, and flexibility
Keeping You Safe During Your Visit
We at Marque Urgent Care, understand your concerns and apprehensions regarding COVID-19. Our focus is, and has always been the safety and wellbeing of our patients, staff and communities. We’re taking every precaution and protocol in keeping our staff and patients safe when they come to our clinics.
- All Marque staff is trained on the latest COVID-19 safety protocols and patients should feel confident that all precautions are followed.
- All Marque team members remain diligent about frequent hand washing and utilizing hand sanitizer before and after every visit.
- In addition to complying with the CDC, WHO and OHA guidelines for proper healthcare, provider hygiene and surface disinfection, we undergo a sequence of relentless cleaning and sanitation measures.
- Every surface, instrument, and equipment is wiped down, disinfected and cleaned before and after each patient and staff member enters and exits an exam room.
- A mask is REQUIRED to enter any Marque clinic.
- All patients and family members undergo an initial assessment at our front lobby doors before entry. This includes a temperature check and evaluation for any common symptoms related to COVID-19. Patients who have a fever or any symptoms related to COVID-19 are not allowed into the clinic. They’re directed to make a Virtual Video Visit with one of our providers for assessment and evaluation.
Our goal is to make this process as safe and as convenient as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding.